Eat Your Way Around the IFT16 Expo Floor: Part 1
Hungry yet? Stop by the IFT16 food expo, Sunday through Tuesday, July 17–19, to sample a range of food and beverage product concepts formulated with ingredients that help product developers address consumer trends. And don’t forget to check tomorrow’s edition of IFT16 News for more product concepts.
- Learn about the functionalities that eggs provide from experts at the American Egg Board (booth 2801) while trying a Key Lime Cookie Cup topped with marshmallow meringue. Miniature Push Pops feature layers of rosemary olive oil pound cake, blood orange mousse, and dark chocolate mousse. The third product concept is Dulce de Leche Pudding with Pumpkin Seed Crunch, a custard flavored with caramel and vanilla bean and topped with sweet-spicy cinnamon-glazed pumpkin seeds.
- Dax Schaefer, corporate chef at Asenzya (booth 1670) will serve German Bratwurst Banh Mi and Flautas with Mexican Dipping Sauces to showcase some of the latest trending flavors and cuisines.
- Celebrate Briess’s 140th anniversary by indulging in the Ultimate Malted Milk Shake made with Briess Malted Milk Powder. The milk shake is available from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, and from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday at booth 2160.
- Speak with experts from Cargill (booth 2474) as they explain the latest ingredient developments in the areas of sugar reduction, sensory enhancement, and sodium reduction and share product concepts formulated with the company’s ingredient solutions. A zero-calorie cola sample is made with EverSweet stevia sweetener, and members of the company’s stevia team can share information about the latest stevia developments. To address the topic of sensory enhancement, experts from Cargill and Nagase can help you learn more about the functionalities of trehalose in applications like beverages and glazed doughnuts. Try samples of a grapefruit beverage and mini doughnuts made with trehalose. Cargill researchers are also conducting work on sodium reduction, including the effect of salt particle size and shape on dissolution and taste perception in food.
- Ingredion (booth 1231) has more than a dozen product concepts that address today’s top trends, specifically focusing on clean and simple, health and nutrition, and sensory experience. Sample a Spicy Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup and Spinach Avocado Bowl. Munch on snack product concepts like Gluten-Free Hummus Crackers with Roasted Tomato Hummus Dip and Roasted Cauliflower Hummus Dip and Sweet and Salty Ancient Grains and Pulse Crisp Clusters. High Protein Asian Pasta Salad with Sesame Mango Ginger Vinaigrette and Chicken, Veggie, and Faba Fritter Patty Sliders with Guava Ketchup on a Gluten-Free Bun are also on the tasting menu. There are also a number of beverages, including No Sugar Added Iced Matcha Tea, Super Berry Protein Smoothie, and Black Sesame Rice Drink.
- Soft-Serve Snowball Ice Cream features TABASCO Brand Original Red Sauce and marshmallows and is topped with toasted coconut while Avery Island Wedding Cookies are made with TABASCO Spray Dry Flavoring. These will be served daily. McIlhenny Company/TABASCO Brand (booth 1002) will also serve Crawfish Maque Choux made with TABASCO Brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (daily from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.). Wash everything down with a Bloody Mary made with TABASCO Bloody Mary Mix, spicy salt, and stuffed olives.